Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Jot Magazine | Issue 10..

Hello lovely friends! By now I'm sure you've all had a chance to check out JOT Magazine's latest issue.  If not you can find it right here...
 
 
 
Today I wanted to share my Project Life spread in Issue 10, part of which made the front cover!!
 
 
 
"PL2015 | Weeks 11&12"

These weeks were all about my adventure at the Escape 2 Create retreat!  It was here that I met so many of the gorgeous Jot Girl Design Team!  How could I not grab a group photo while so many of us were together and under the same roof?!! That's the one that ended up on the cover of Issue 10.
 
 
"page 1"
 
 
"page 2"



I had so many photos to share that many were condensed into several photo collages.


The lovely Heidi Swapp generously sponsored us with some of her product, so I was more than happy to add extra layers to my pockets. 



This was the first time I have been invited to teach. I had such a great time meeting amazing and talented people, I don't know why I initially hesitated when asked!  Thank goodness I came to my senses and just said "yes!".
 
Chantalle McDaniel, Kim Price & Fiona Paltridge were also asked to teach.  Chantalle and I have known each other in real life for some time and I was super excited to learn she would be joining me.  Kim and I have worked together online before but have never met IRL, so meeting her and Fiona for the first time was a complete joy!!!
 
 
Amanda Hall and Meredith Treloar are true masters when it comes to organising such an amazing event!  The details, the friendship they offer and commitment to the retreat truly blew me away!   Not to mention the space we were "playing" in and the food... OMGosh! The. Food!!!
 
 
I was very fortunate to organise and travel with Chantalle.  Our adventure together started almost immediately and the laughs didn't stop! 
 

 
 
On our arrival to Port Lincoln we were given a tour of this gorgeous fishing & farming town before settling into our accommodation and starting to organise our classes.
 


 

 
Fiona's class was up first.  I'm glad it wasn't me.  I was such a nervous wreck, just waiting for my turn!!  Miss Mixed Media (!) pushed me so far outside my comfort zone that I ended up creating a layout that I never thought would be included in my clean & simple repertoire! And it was a 12x12!
 
"Fiona's Class"
 
After finishing up with this LO it was my turn to step up and show my way of scrapping.  This was such a weird concept to me.  These ladies are already phenomenal scrappers, surely they really didn't need me there!  Everyone put me at ease very quickly though and as soon as I ditched the microphone and just started having conversations with the class, the nerves eventually left.
 
 
I taught those who did my class, how to create three different LOs from one kit.  I was amazed each time someone came to me with a fourth or fifth LO!  These lovely ladies kept on creating and I hope they've fallen in love with Bella BLVD as much I have. 
 
The following morning, Kim took to the spotlight.  Her class was equally enthralling to Fiona's!  Her techniques are amazing and I learnt so much! The torn layers and more of that messy stuff found it's way onto my page!
 
"Kim's Class"

 
Chantalle was lucky last in the class teaching roundup. Her interactive ideas are mind blowing!  She is so very clever and I loved every detail of her step by step.  This LO includes an intricate hidden journaling feature! LOVE it!
 
"Chantalle's Class"
 
After all the nerves bit the dust, it seemed like next to no time before we were heading home.  We were still excited and a little bit of craziness was hanging over our heads!
 
 
Flying into Adelaide with a bit of a wait between connecting flights, gave Chantalle and I a chance to catch up with our dear friend Kerryn.  It was such a lovely reunion, even though it was way too short!
 
 
Eventually we made it back home to our families.
 
 
I was excited to share with them all about my new friends, the wonderful things I had seen while I was away and how freaking cold it was compared to tropical Brisbane! LOL!!

 So, thank you for the memories girls!  I had an absolute blast!!!
 
(photo credit: Amanda's Mum!)
 
 
(photo credit: Tiff Firth)


2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

What a fantastic post to read... Love seeing your PL, all your different LOS - including that 12'' one!!!!! Thanks for sharing- I felt like I was almost 'there'!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How FUN!!!!!! LOVING all the photos!! Looks like an amazing time!!!!!